Registering for the Summer Challenge just got easier!
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Create an account at vermont.beanstack.org or download the app for your mobile device (search for Beanstack by Zoobean)
2. Keep an eye on your Beanstack account for the Summer Challenge start date. You can also check fletcherfree.org/summer.
3. Participate in the challenge and get entered into a raffle (for kids, teens, and adults!)
Beanstack is an app (web and handheld device) that helps libraries offer reading challenges. Thanks to the Vermont Department of Libraries for providing all libraries in Vermont with Beanstack this summer! Beanstack is for readers of all ages.
How it works:
- Add challenges of your choice. (Challenges change periodically. Check your Beanstack account for current challenges)
- Start reading! Don't forget to log your progress. Some challenges will let you earn badges for each hour you read, for others, you'll earn badges for each book.
- Don't wait until the summer! You can log your reading anytime, explore reading lists, and add book reviews.
- Who can register?
Everyone! Adults can register accounts for themselves and for their children. Be sure to select "Fletcher Free Library (Burlington)" when you sign up.
- Can I set up an account for my child?
Yes! We encourage parents and guardians to sign up for an account to track their own reading. You can add a child under your own account and log reading for them.
- If I read now, will it count towards the Summer Challenge?
Reading tracked via Beanstack will apply to the Summer Challenge beginning June 21st.
- Is there a raffle if I participate in other challenges?
There will be a prize raffle for all Summer Challenge participants. While there's no prize raffle for other challenges, you can still win badges and log reading.
- I'm concerned about privacy.
We always respect and protect your privacy, however because this is a 3rd party app, information you enter into Beanstack can be seen by Beanstack as well as Fletcher Free Library staff. You can find out more about privacy and Beanstack here.
- I want to participate off-line.
A paper version of the Summer Challenge will be available. Check fletcherfree.org/summer for updates.
- I have other questions!
Beanstack has an FAQ you can look at.