Volunteer at the Library! Connect with your community and support your public library. We have opportunities for you to get involved in all library departments. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
- Desire to help your public library and community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits and appropriate skills for the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator to determine compatibility.
Some of our volunteer opportunities (not all opportunities may be currently available):
Volunteer for Special Events
Early Learning Outreach Program
- Visit home childcares to support early enrichment and kindergarten readiness.
- Shelve/Organize library materials.
Materials Repair and Maintenance
- Repairing books, audio/video materials, inventorying collection.
Preparing Materials for Circulation
- Checking in materials, emptying book drops, sorting, labeling.
- Greeting, facilitating, program setup, and marketing.
- Preparing library materials and assisting in deliveries to outreach sites.
- Interior: Light cleaning of shelves, tables, and displays.
- Exterior: Grounds work / Gardening.
Help the Friends of Fletcher Free Library
- Marketing, Fundraising, Book Sales & more
- Small ad hoc projects based on current library needs
Applications may be subject to background check.
At this time, the library does not participate in court-ordered community service.