Thanks for your interest in volunteering at Fletcher Free Library!
Connect with your community and support your public library! We have opportunities for you to get involved in all library departments.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
- Desire to help your public library and community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits and appropriate skills for the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interview with our Volunteer Coordinator to determine compatibility.
(Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.)
Some of our volunteer opportunities (not all opportunities may be currently available):
Circulation Department Volunteer
- Maintain library shelves.
- Gather holds from shelves.
- Light cleaning of shelves, tables, & other high touch surfaces.
Youth Department Volunteer
- Assist with our Family Playshop: a play-based early learning program that takes place on Saturday mornings.
- Visit our StoryWalk at Leddy Park and report any damages to the Youth Librarian.
Teen/Tween Department Volunteer
- Assist with monitoring the Teen Space when Teen Librarian is out.
- Shelve items in the Teen Space.
Early Learning Outreach Program (ELOP) Volunteer
- Prepare art/picture book kits & deliver to home child-cares to support early enrichment and kindergarten readiness.
New North End Branch Volunteer
- Assist with emptying the book drop when the library is closed on Monday mornings.
Special Events/Programing Volunteer
- Assist with events hosted by FFL.
Friends of Fletcher Free Library Volunteer
- Assist with marketing, fundraising, book sales & more.
- Ad hoc projects as needed by the library.
Please submit an online application if you are interested in volunteering with us & reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator Hayley at email@example.com with any questions!
Applications may be subject to background check.
At this time, the library does not participate in court-ordered community service.