Our mission is to inform, enrich and nurture a community of lifelong learners.
Our community is engaged in lifelong learning. And the Fletcher Free Library is an essential partner in Burlington’s economic, social, and cultural growth.
The Fletcher Free Library is:
- Open to all;
- Dedicated to intellectual and personal freedom;
- Responsive, adaptive and accountable;
- Always learning;
- A steward of materials and spaces;
- Committed to working in partnership with the community;
- Passionate about our mission, the Fletcher Free, and Burlington
Everyone is welcome! You are central to our mission. We welcome and celebrate a diversity of ideas, cultures and backgrounds. Diversity includes all ideas and human characteristics that make us unique as individuals: race, ethnicity, gender, geographic origin, culture, lifestyle, age, ability, sexual orientation, economic status, marital status, world view, and religion, among other characteristics.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring the library is welcoming everyone.
- Being responsive to and inclusive of our changing community through our staffing, professional and collection development, service provision and program offerings.
- Providing spaces where people of all cultures and backgrounds can gather together and freely exchange ideas.
- Engaging the community in the development of the library.
Strategic Plan (PDF)