|Hey! Did you miss our "Libraries Rock!" screenprinting program? Stop by Makerspace Wednesdays to make your very own!* For a full list of Makerspace Wednesdays, see our program calendar.|
*The Teen Space has a limited supply of T-shirts and you're welcome to bring your own!
Our Summer Challenge encourages kids to keep reading and learning all summer long with free activities, programs, and incentives. With activities designed especially for teens (Ages 13-18) and tweens (Ages 10-12), there’s something for everyone at the library this summer!
Summer Challenge 2018: Libraries Rock!
- Register online or at the library and get a FREE BOOK! (Books are available in the Teen Space)
- Enter the raffle for a chance to win awesome prizes! Get a raffle ticket (pdf) for every 2 hours you read, or each program you attend. Make sure you fill out the raffle ticket completely!
- Participate in library programs like open mics, Makerspace, Movie Nights and more. See the Summer Challenge flier (pdf) for a complete list of raffle eligible programs.
- Check out the Libraries Rock! program at Burlington schools, Rec & Nutrition sites, and community centers!
- Have fun!
Registration begins June 18th, in person or online.
Lunch at the Library for everyone 18 & under, Mondays-Thursdays, June 25-August 15.
Required summer reading for Burlington middle school students:
Edmunds rising 6th, 7th & 8th graders:
Three books total.
- One book from the 2018-19 Dorothy Canfield Fisher (DCF) list
- One non-fiction book (recommendations)
- One book of the student's choice
Hunt rising 6th graders:
Three books total.
- Common read: All's Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson
- Two books of the student's choice
Hunt rising 7th & 8th graders:
Read 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week with 2 weeks off (Summer Reading Contract & Calendar)
Summer Reading Blogs: