Volunteer at the Library! Connect with your community and support your public library. We have opportunities for you to get involved in all library departments. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
- Desire to help your public library and community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits and appropriate skills for the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies, and procedures.
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator to determine compatibility.
Our current volunteer opportunities:
- Shelve/Organize library materials.
Materials Repair and Maintenance
- Repairing books, audio/video materials, inventorying collection.
Preparing Materials for Circulation
- Checking in materials, Emptying book drops, Sorting, Labeling.
- Greeters, Facilitators, program setup, and marketing.
- Preparing library materials and assisting in deliveries to outreach sites.
- Interior: Light cleaning of shelves, tables, and displays.
- Exterior: Grounds work / Gardening.
- Small Ad Hoc projects based on current library needs
Applications may be subject to background check.
At this time, the library does not participate in court-ordered community service.
Volunteer away your fines:
We host work projects twice per year where you can work off your fines at the library. This does not include replacement costs for lost/damaged items. Interested? Contact us or ask at the front desk for more information or to sign up.