Our Summer Challenge encourages kids to keep reading and learning all summer long with free activities, programs, and incentives. With activities designed especially for early learners, students entering grades K-5, and tweens and teens, there’s something for everyone at the library this summer!
Summer Challenge 2019: A Universe of Stories
- Read for at least 15 minutes every day during the summer.
- Complete 5 logbook activities for each raffle ticket.
- Visit the library for chats with staff and volunteers each week.
- Participate in library programming.
- Check out the "A Universe of Stories" program at Burlington schools, Rec & Nutrition sites, and community centers!
- Have fun!
Registration begins June 17th and continues through August 24th, in person or online.
Lunch at the Library for everyone 18 & under, Mondays-Thursdays, June 24-August 15.
Summer Chat Hours (please bring your logbook!):
- Mondays - Saturdays: 10am-1pm & 4-6pm
- Sundays: noon-3pm
Required summer reading for Burlington middle school students:
- Edmunds rising 6th, 7th & 8th graders:
Three books total.
- Hunt rising 6th graders:
Up to three books total.
- One book from the 2019-20 Dorothy Canfield Fisher (DCF) list.
- One or two books of the student's choice.
- Hunt rising 7th graders:
Read two books (at your level) of your choice.
- Hunt rising 8th graders:
Read 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week with 2 weeks off.
Summer Reading Blogs:
Hunt 6th Graders (use class code 14i9cb)